Tuesday 19 January 2010

Fender Blues Jnr

Ok, where do I start.. .. .

Oh yeah I got me a very nice Gibson SG Menace a couple of years ago. I bought a little Marshall MG15MS practice amp to play it through. Initialled I liked the sound I got (much nicer than the Park amp I had before). Then as I really got heavily into playing I started to find a lot of shortfalls in the tone I was getting.

After visiting my best friend in Bristol (Joffan!)and playing my Gibson through his velvety smooth Fender valve amp I immediately knew where I was going wrong. I had to get a valve amp! But which one. Traditionalists out there would say “hey you got a Gibson, so you need a Marshall to play it through” but I’ve never been traditional or conformist for that matter. So I listened a lot (no I mean a real lot!!) to all kinds of amps (Vox, Orange, Messa Boogie and Fender) now I find myself looking at the Fender Blues Jnr (the tweed version with the Jenson speaker).

I play mostly blues but can’t help flowing into big rock riffs!!

Now I’m counting the days and the pennies till I have enough cash to go get one.
Thanks to the wonder of www.youtube.com/metalheadsgman I now know exactly what I want!

Roll on payday!

No comments:

Post a Comment